Welcome!

I love to cook but I feel like I am always making the same 5 things for dinner and that gets old quick. I decided to start this blog to make myself try new recipes. The goal is that I will find a recipe, try it out and then post it on the blog for others to try and review. I will also post recipes that I have yet to try, but look like they might be good. If you have a recipe that you would like to see posted on the blog, email it to me, or leave it as a comment.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Rio Grande Spice Rub Strip Steaks


4 sirloin strip steaks (8 to 10 ounces each) 1 inch thick
1 1/2 tbsp dark chili powder
1 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper


1 large red onion, cut into 4 thick slices
Olive oil to coat onion
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat grill to high heat. combine spices for rub and rub well into steaks.

Coat red onion slices with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill steaks and onion slices about 5 minutes on each side, remove from heat. Let meat stand for about 5 minutes. Top with grilled onion rings and serve.


*** Go easy on the spice rub! A little goes a long way with strong flavors like these. The spice rub recipe made enough for twice as many steaks as the recipe calls for.

No comments: