Welcome!

I love to cook but I feel like I am always making the same 5 things for dinner and that gets old quick. I decided to start this blog to make myself try new recipes. The goal is that I will find a recipe, try it out and then post it on the blog for others to try and review. I will also post recipes that I have yet to try, but look like they might be good. If you have a recipe that you would like to see posted on the blog, email it to me, or leave it as a comment.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chicken Bacon Bakes


I got the idea for this from the Chicken Bakes that they sell at the Costco food court but I made a few modifications. To make two Chicken Bacon Bakes I used:


1 Chicken breast grilled and diced (I used salt, pepper and a little crushed red pepper)

4 strips of bacon cooked extra crispy and crumbled

1 cup cheese (I used Colby Jack)

1/2 cup marinara sauce

4 Rhoades rolls


Let the rolls raise according to the directions on the package. When you are ready to make your Chicken Bakes knead two rolls together and roll out to about an 8 inch circle. Fill one side of the dough with half the chicken breast, two strips of crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup of cheese and 1/4 cup of marinara. Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges together. Top the each Chicken Bake with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.


These were filling and so delicious!

No comments: