Welcome!

I love to cook but I feel like I am always making the same 5 things for dinner and that gets old quick. I decided to start this blog to make myself try new recipes. The goal is that I will find a recipe, try it out and then post it on the blog for others to try and review. I will also post recipes that I have yet to try, but look like they might be good. If you have a recipe that you would like to see posted on the blog, email it to me, or leave it as a comment.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Whiskey Chicken



4 cloves garlic - peeled


1 tsp. olive oil


2/3 cup water


1 cup pineapple juice


3 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce


2 Tbsp. soy sauce


1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar


Juice of 1/2 lemon (2-3 Tbsp)


1/2 small onion - FINELY diced


1 Tbsp. Jack Daniels Whiskey


1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper




Slowly saute garlic cloves in olive oil over low heat until tender; set aside.




Bring Water, pineapple juice, teriyaki, soy sauce, and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to low.




Press sauted garlic with the flat edge of a knife to create a paste; stir into sauce along with remaining ingredients. Simmer sauce for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.




Brush glaze over chicken and grill.




****I used chicken tenders and marinated them in the glaze for about 8 hours. The recipe makes enough glaze for about 4 pounds of chicken. If you don't use it all at once it keeps well in the fridge for about three weeks.




No comments: