Welcome!

I love to cook but I feel like I am always making the same 5 things for dinner and that gets old quick. I decided to start this blog to make myself try new recipes. The goal is that I will find a recipe, try it out and then post it on the blog for others to try and review. I will also post recipes that I have yet to try, but look like they might be good. If you have a recipe that you would like to see posted on the blog, email it to me, or leave it as a comment.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lemonade Icebox Pie

Ingredients:

1 graham cracker pie crust (store bought or use recipe below)
8 oz. cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup undiluted lemonade concentrate
1 tub whipped topping
yellow food coloring

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until blended. Beat in the lemonade concentrate and 2-3 drops yellow coloring. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust, cover and refrigerate until set (1-2 hours).
*NOTE: If you make the graham crust yourself, you have to let it cool completely before adding the lemonade filling, otherwise it will melt everywhere... Not good!

Graham Cracker Pie Crust:
8 Graham crackers, crushed
2 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup butter melted

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. in a medium bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and the brown sugar. Gradually add the melted butter, stirring until well mixed. Press into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie dish. Bake 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before filling.

No comments: