Welcome!

I love to cook but I feel like I am always making the same 5 things for dinner and that gets old quick. I decided to start this blog to make myself try new recipes. The goal is that I will find a recipe, try it out and then post it on the blog for others to try and review. I will also post recipes that I have yet to try, but look like they might be good. If you have a recipe that you would like to see posted on the blog, email it to me, or leave it as a comment.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Brownie Berry Pizza



1 package fudge brownie mix

1 tsp almond extract

1/3 cup sliced almonds

1 package plain cream cheese (8 oz.)

1 tub whipped topping

1 tbsp sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 lemon for zesting

Fresh mixed berries

Prepare brownie batter according to package directions adding almonds and extract. Spread onto well greased 14 inch pizza pan or rectangle baking sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and 1 tsp of lemon zest until smooth and creamy. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with berries and additional lemon zest. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.

2 comments:

Ted said...

I might have to try this one!

Kristyn said...

So good! Love it Kalee!